Tuesday, June 26, 2007
Herbed Goat Cheese Sandwiches
Adapted from "Barefoot Contessa Parties" by Ina Garten
Green onion cream cheese at room temperature - 125 g
Mild goat cheese at room temperature - 175 g
Minced garlic - 2 small cloves
Minced fresh parsley - 2 tablespoons
Milk - 3-4 tablespoons
Salt, pepper to taste
Half Brioche Loaf
Cucumber - a few slices
For the spread
- place the cream cheese, goat cheese, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper in a bowl and mix.
- add a few tablespoons of milk to get the spread to the right consistency.
For the sandwiches
- spread each slice of bread with the goat cheese spread
- slice the cucumber in thin rounds and arrange on half the bread slices
- top with the remaining bread
- cut the sandwiches
- I didn't measure any of the ingredients for the spread, just put everything to taste, it turned out very good.
- Cucumber is a really nice touch because it cools the pungency of the spread.